I worked with a very sweet and talented lady, Karen Valentine, who did a beautiful job on my blog. Thank you, Karen! There are so many cool looking blogs out there, and it makes me feel good to be among them, now!
I love creating art, and being in my studio is my "Happy Place." I have several favorite mediums I like working with. One is Beads! I love beads! I love using beads in everything. Another is metal. I love manipulating metal. Working with metal is how I ended up with this tiny studio behind my house.
You see, my studio was in our basement. I would wake up at 4:30ish every morning and go downstairs and start working away. Getting up at 4:30 a.m. will only make sense to you moms who know how important it is to get some "me time" in before chaos breaks loose. Anyway, with all the hammering and drilling and such, I would wake my husband up. Long story short......I guess he lost so much sleep that after a while this little studio was his solution to many sleepless mornings. (Hint, hint to you ladies wanting a detached studio.)
I still get up early and trek across our backyard (my slippers in hand) and work in my studio until it's time for the family to get up. I can do all the hammering and drilling I want, and even play my music as loud as I want.
I hope you will stop by again and say hello.




HI Linda!! Thank you so much for the shout out! I'm so happy you love your blog and hope you will find many enjoyable hours sharing and learning with your new blog friends! Have a wonderful week and a very merry Christmas!!
ReplyDeletexo,
Karen
What a sweet studio. I'd love to see more of it. It's always inspiring to see the work spaces of others.
ReplyDeleteFlowerLady
Linda!
ReplyDeleteWhere do I start? When you shared with me your emotions of your son leaving for college, as a mom, I felt for you. Reading your words here and viewing your pictures, I could weep for you. I cannot imagine the heartfelt pain. Motherhood truly is the most wonderful and the most painful position. I am so glad he was just in for a visit.
I love your jean jacket! There bear with his precious little pink pads must remain. And yes! A swing! Perhaps with a child or a small woodland creature. You will decide the most perfect thing I know.
I just want to hand out with you! You inspire me!
May God use the work of your hands to bless Him,
G of AT. ; - )