December 3, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

My daughters have started a new tradition where they put up the Christmas tree while I cook Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not sure how this happened, and how they got out of helping me cook, but that's how it's been.

This is what our tree looked like on Thanksgiving Day.

I know, it looks like your 1970's Leave It To Beaver tree, but my girls do the best they can with what's in the ornament box. This tree consists of Hallmark ornaments that my beautiful mother gave me every single year since I was 18 years old, and a few ornaments that my kids made when they were smaller. They are all cute, and I love them, but after 22 years of the same old looking tree.....Sigh!

You see, every morning I sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in the living room. This past weekend, I was really studying our Christmas tree, and I just couldn't take it. The white garland had to go! I didn't want to make any huge changes because I didn't want to hurt my daughters' feelings, so I thought.....I'll just make a couple changes. I removed the while garland, added a few glass balls, some huge felted poinsettia flowers and a few Cardinals here and there (which you can't really see.)
It could probably use a few more lights and a few more poinsettias, but now I can bare to stare at it in the mornings.

This is a quilted tree skirt I made several years ago. 

Hope you are having a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The tree looks lovelier without the white garland. Everything else shows up much better now.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...