Here is a Christmas tree that was made by my Grandmother from old costume jewelry. As a child, I remember seeing this picture hanging in her house. She gave it to me when I was in my teens (I'm in my late 40's now.) Back then, when she gave it to me, I didn't think much of it, and packed it away in my Hope Chest.
Fast forward many, many, many years.....my Grandmother's tree had inspired my mom to make one. I remember my mom collecting just the right pieces for her tree, which she eventually made about 15 years ago. My mom lovingly hung her tree up every year.
Back then, I didn't think much of it.
Since then, I have come to appreciate the beauty in these special trees made by two women who were not crafty, but who were inspired enough to try their hand at making something. I'm so grateful that I didn't do something stupid like donate these to the goodwill. I have never seen anything like these, and I feel very proud to display these in my home.
My Grandmother and my Mother are no longer living, and I will make sure I explain the value of these pictures to my children.
Oh, and I'm thinking I need to make one to add to the generation of the
Jeweled Christmas Trees.





Linda, these are gorgeous! I see these at flea markets sometimes and always stop to study each piece of jewelry. What a treasure you have! Pam
ReplyDeleteThank you Pam. I will have to keep my eyes open for one of these next time I'm at a flea market.
ReplyDeleteWow, I've never seen anything like these. They are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteFlowerLady