November 13, 2011

Fall Colors

 The air is cool and crisp these days and there are leafless trees everywhere reminding me that the fall season is coming to an end. Each season seems to get shorter. 
 There are those few trees that are struggling to hold on to their leaves. I love this tree in my front yard. It goes through at least three different color changes in the fall, the last one being a stunning burnt red color. It's one of the last trees to shed its leaves, my signal to get ready for some cold weather. 
As I walked to and from my studio today, I noticed each time, this tree had less and less leaves on it. By sunset, it was completely bare.
 What is left is a carpet of multi-colored leaves laying around until the last mowing of the season. As a little girl, I'd be raking these leaves up into a big pile just to jump in them.

I am grateful for being able to witness the beautiful Fall colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...