November 7, 2012

Sometimes, A Project Just Isn't Meant To Be Finished

I guess before I talk about what I've been up to in the studio, I should talk about what projects are not going to be finished, just in case I have a few readers who were looking forward to seeing these projects completed. 

In the last month or so, I have shared projects in progress like this........



I wasn't happy with the way it was turning out, so I decided not to spend anymore time on it.
And, then there is this.......



I may finish this bag, but not anytime soon. It just wasn't holding my attention.

Now! The rag rug thing is very intriguing, so I've been playing around with fabric stash that has been around for way too long. I have been trying to crocheting fabric, and it's quite painful! I'll share why in a moment, but first, here is what I crocheted.....


pot holders!

I know, you're saying hmmm.


Ok, the reason I said crocheting fabric is painful is because first (according to one way of instructions I came across) you cut strips, sew them together and turn it into bias tape. The reason for making the tape is to have a more professional look with finished edges.


After a few hours, you end up with a few yards of tape ready to crochet.

The painful part is actually crocheting because if your crochet stitches are as tight as mine, then it's a struggle to make a stitch. Fabric does not respond like yarn when crocheting. My right elbow was Sooo sore the day after making these that I knew I would not be making more. 

Anyway, I do not mean to discourage you from trying because I have seen some beautiful crocheted rag rugs, and that is what inspired me to give it a try. Take a look on Google for crocheted rag rugs and see what I mean. I just know it's not for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...