May 12, 2012

Lilacs

I am sad to see the Lilac blooms come to an end. Did you know? Lilacs are:
The 8th wedding anniversary flower and the state flower of New Hampshire. In the language of flowers, purple lilacs symbolize the first emotions of love, while white lilacs represent youthful innocence.

Their short appearance is a reminder of how I need to take the time to enjoy the people and things around me at the moment, and that is what I've been doing........


 I love the smell of lilacs!


 They remind me of my early morning walks to school as a little girl. When I would take a short cut to school and cut through the fields, there was a house that was lined with Lilac bushes. The sweet smell would greet me and then linger on for a few blocks, before arriving to school.


Did I mention.......I love the smell of Lilacs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...