Journaling for me has always been about writing in my books. I've always admired people who sketch in their journals, and I have often wished I could draw better.
Then a few years ago, I discovered art journaling where things like paint, stencils, markers, and magazine clippings were being used to embellish a journal page.
But I've also noticed that these kinds of mediums aren't so portable, and now that the weather is nice, I like to sit on the patio and work in my journal.
So......
I've decided to challenge myself......
I'm going to spend time learning to sketch, and if I want color, I'll use watercolors. Oh, and let me say that my watercoloring is not all that good either.
But I've also noticed that these kinds of mediums aren't so portable, and now that the weather is nice, I like to sit on the patio and work in my journal.
So......
I've decided to challenge myself......
I'm going to spend time learning to sketch, and if I want color, I'll use watercolors. Oh, and let me say that my watercoloring is not all that good either.
Here's a sketch of a silly fairy from my daughters fairy book, done with pencil, black marker and watercolor.
The picture below is from a travel magazine.
I spent way too much time on this one. I have to remind myself not to get so wrapped up in the details.
I figure for now, I'll just copy some pictures so I can get the hang of drawing things.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.