October 26, 2011

iPad Case

There are times I need to carry my iPad with me, and I don't feel comfortable just putting it in my purse. The smart cover protects my screen, but I wanted a little more all around protection. I searched online for cases, but didn't see anything that appealed to me, so I decided to make my own. 

I took a few measurements, some stash fabric I didn't care for and just started sewing. I added this and that as I went along. This is what I came up with a few hours later.

Not so good.

I added a button for the closure, but when I folded the flap over, it was way too bulky. I didn't account for the padding in my seam allowance, so the iPad fit a little snug. This case was just not going to work, so I decided to give it another try. I made the adjustments, re-designed the flap, and this is how it came out.



TaDa! 

The fit is perfect, and it has just enough padding to protect it against those loose things in my purse. I decided to use Velcro for the flap and it closes nice and flat. Much better  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...