October 8, 2012

Sewing Pockets and An iPod Case

Here is a quick update on my bag. 


It was coming along until I saw the need to make an iPod case. 

My daughter carries her iPod everywhere, and I cringed when I saw her pull it out of her softball bag yesterday. It was naked among all her gear. 

I remembered seeing this wool felt case in my Sew It All magazine, so I made one for my daughter.


Everything was going great until I tried to tuck the flap inside. It's not very convenient because the flap sticks to the felt. I don't want to make it a hassle for my daughter to use because then she won't use it.


Using the flap on the outside hides the pretty flower, so I had to make a few quick adjustments.


I trimmed the flap and added velcro.


Then I added a button to hide the velcro stitching. This was a quick little project that took me a couple hours to do, and now my daughter's iPod has a little protection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...